Sr.Social Media Community Specialist (SRC) -45791
San Rafael, CA (Show Map)
$60-$70K DOE (Annual)
The Sr. Social Media Community Specialist will be reporting directly to the Marketing Manager. This person will be responsible for executing a clearly defined social media strategy in a manner that supports Marketing, Customer support and company-wide initiatives while increasing brand equity and online awareness.
Job Summary/Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for evaluating, planning, organizing, and contributing to all social media channels and platforms.
- This person will help achieve the overall brand objectives while ensuring marketing consistency while strengthening our position in the market.
- Manage, monitor, and engage with users on all key social media channels.
- Conduct, gather, and analyze market research to determine social media opportunities and assess the competitive landscape.
- Plan, coordinate and execute specific social media initiatives on emerging social platforms, such as Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram.
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on merging social media trends.
- Assist with developing unique value propositions, business partnerships and social media initiatives that are targeted toward key customer segments.
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of social media community management programs and tactics.
- Assist and collaborate with production team in creating unique, branded content including blog posts, graphics, infographics, and video content.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (legal, customer support, web, IT, etc.) as needed to help support their initiatives.
- Measure the success of social media activities and report the results to Marketing Manager.
- Use social media listening tools to monitor online conversations and brand/product mentions.
- Create, maintain, and execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing/Communications or related field.
- A strong track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives.
- 4+ years of direct related experience managing social media accounts and programs.
- Ability to regularly monitor and respond to social media user questions outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of other digital marketing forms such as SEO and Mobile Marketing trends and best practices.
- Must be able to learn and maintain high level of product-specific knowledge in the consumer product space which this company is in.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, search, digital marketing, and the latest social media innovations.
- Experience in marketing and online advertising campaigns.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with social media monitoring and engagement tools such as Hootsuite, Sproutsocial, Radian 6, Sysomos, etc.
- Ability to integrate social media into broader marketing campaigns.
- Experience in integrating content into multiple social distribution channels.
The right marketer for this position, should be knowledgeable enough in the search marketing discipline to tie in the two channels and actively think about the effect of their work on more than one dimension.
Social Media Marketing is very closely related to Search Marketing, therefore efforts made on social will affect our performance in search.
If you think that you are my "Ideal Candidate" for this position, please forward to me your resume along with a written cover letter as to WHY you see yourself in this position with a few given examples. It is going to be important to have a portfolio of your work that you can reference that the client can review as part of the interviewing process. Send resume to: email@example.com thank you.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.
PositionID:.Min Years Experience:.Max Years Experience:.