Nelson Staffing is currently looking for a Marketer/Marketing Assistant for a well known insurance company in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. This is a part time, temp to hire opportunity (hours are 2pm-6pm) that offers a lot of room for growth.
Compensation: $11.00 to $12.00 per hour
The Marketer will work to increase agency policies in force by contacting potential prospects via phone. Using a script, Marketers will contact and inform prospects of the company's products or services for the purpose of securing sales appointments for Agents or Agency Producers. Marketers are responsible for tracking marketing methods used, as well as outcomes. The right candidate will be confident, personable, dedicated, and resilient.
• Obtain prospect information (ex: name, address, payment method, and current insurance and risk information)
• Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted
• Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals
• Telephone or write letters in response to correspondence from customers or to follow up on initial sales contacts
• Maintain records of contacts and activity
• Schedule appointments for Agent/Producer to meet with prospective customers
• Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that persuade potential prospects to meet with Agent/Producer with the intent to purchase insurance products
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Interest in the Insurance Industry
• Previous customer service experience required
• Basic PC and math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as a team
• Business Results: Has ability to meet individual performance, metrics, and goals
• Drive for success: Ability to bring great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities; and respond to situations as they arise without supervision
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.