Nelson has a direct hire opportunity for Corporate Claims and Safety Specialist. The Corporate Claims and Safety Specialist will manage and monitor the claims administration process of workers’ compensation, auto liability, and general liability claims to ensure the high standard of care for all injured employees and third parties.
· Performs a variety of functional activities related to the investigation, administration and disposition of three types of insurance claims: workers' compensation, automobile, and general liability.
· Develop appropriate return-to-work strategies (Regular and Transitional), on all workers' compensation claims, by working closely with and acting as a liaison between the injured employee, their supervisor, claims adjusters, and medical providers.
· Ensure employee adheres to prescribed therapy by medical provider and identify cases requiring medical case management by communicating with all relevant parties and reviewing file information.
· Monitor claims status and communicate with all relevant parties (TPA claims adjuster, injured employee, employee's supervisor, employee's medical provider, nurse case manager, management) acting as an employee advocate until claim resolution is achieved.
· Assist Corporate Risk & Safety Specialists in identifying claims that have Second Injury Fund and/or subrogation potential, per our company subrogation policy, during the investigation process.
· Maintain Workers' Compensation Claims Management System, ensuring all information is properly and timely entered.
· Complete and file all necessary paperwork pertaining to insurance claims.
· Participate in quarterly claim reviews with corporate Risk Management.
· Prepare statistical reports on division’s workers’ compensation results.
· Work with Division Vice President, Division Human Resource Director, and Corporate Risk & Safety Specialist on company wide as well as Divisional safety programs.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Prior experience working with physicians, nurse case managers, adjusters, and other business contacts to facilitate decision making processes and/or address identified concerns beneficial.
· Prefer candidates who have handed workers’ compensation claims for various states
· 1-3 years previous related experience with all aforementioned functions.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Organizational and follow-up skills
· Ability to multi task
· Intermediate computer skills in MS Word and Excel and database administration.
· Empathetic listening skills.
· Ability to work with all levels of business contacts, managers, and employees.
Location: San Diego
Pay: $40,000 - $45,000/year
If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-529-2525. Thank you!
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.