Nelson Staffing is currently seeking recent college graduates for an Entry Level Planner Opportunity for our Santa Rosa, CA client. This temp to hire position is a terrific opportunity to work for a leader in the high tech industry. Looking for a detail oriented, Microsoft Excel wiz, to join a winning team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and monitor program build schedules to coordinate manufacturing and procurement activities.
· Responsible for coordinating daily activities in manufacturing and provides daily status to manufacturing and material personnel.
· Lead procurement activity to place materials on order that is aligned with the program schedule and mitigate material issues.
· Establish Build Schedules and Line of Balances to plan and coordinate material receipts, identify material shortages, and execute the product build.
· Ensure kits/parts are provided to manufacturing in support of the build schedule and product delivery dates.
· Monitors and reports performance against plans or budget to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
· Performs schedule/cost risk analysis (including critical path and near-critical path), and identifies and provides recommendations to resolve schedule/costs issues or impacts.
· Work closely with the program teams to assist w/ the maintenance of program schedules and resource tracking.
· Gathers and analyzes information to prepare reports on the progress of the program.
· Ensure the program schedules are accurate, aligned and on track at all phases throughout the program lifecycles.
Education and/or Experience:
· Must be able to demonstrate some type of success in the college environment which included: high GPA, difficult curriculum, awards or ability to juggle college while working.
· A degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Business, Mathematics or Science degree a plus.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.