Senior Quality Control Inspector
Nelson is looking for a Senior Quality Control Inspector for a visual imaging company in San Diego, CA. The Senior Quality Control Inspector will work in the Quality Assurance Department, and will perform audits, checks, and test for quality for the manufacture of products. The Senior Quality Control Auditor maintains procedures relative to the scope of the quality assurance activity. The right candidate will have 6-8 years of related experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deals with customers, sales, and engineering on total quality management issues of the company. This includes but is not limited to ISO planning, CAPA system, supplier qualification and evaluation, etc.
- Inspects various in-process and completed electrical and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies using drawing, schematics and wiring diagrams. Perform all machine shop part inspections using precision inspection tools and instruments including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators and precision pin gauges. Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with procedures and standard in the client Quality Manual.
- Reviews documentations before it is sent out to external customers.
- Review GD&T drawings, Schematics, Processes, and gauging methodology with customers on new projects
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, sample data and other materials to determine, change or measure specifications or inspection and test procedures.
- Inspect all incoming raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensure the calibration of equipment; use various tools, gauges and measuring devices to measure and record QC results.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Organize, prioritize, plan and carry out the workload of the department in a highly efficient manner.
- Participate actively in the quality improvement activities of the company.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of inspected materials/products and current on ship dates.
- Audit methods and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Write and edit processes and work instructions.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Experienced in quality control procedures, ISO9001:2008 and safety procedures.
- MUST be able to operate CMM machine.
- Excellent communication skills. (Both verbal and written)
- Work well as part of a team.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
This is an immediate temp to hire opportunity and pays $23-$25/hr. If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call 858-529-2525.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.