Nelson is consistently ranked the #1 independent staffing service in Northern California according to publications such as the San Francisco Business Times, San Jose Business Journal, Marin/Sonoma Business Journal and Napa/Solano Business Journal.
We believe client satisfaction accounts for this ranking and illustrates our commitment to go beyond merely meeting to exceeding our client’s expectations.
With more than four decades of experience we are the largest independent staffing company in Northern California.
Nelson Staffing is a rapidly expanding staffing firm currently seeking a well experienced Direct Hire Recruiter to join our office in Redwood Shores. Our client list includes many of the fortune 500 companies located in Northern Ca. We have exclusive staffing agreements with top Bay Area organizations and companies like the San Francisco 49ers.
SUMMARY: Delivering high quality service to customers and facilitating the placement of candidates by executing customized recruiting strategies that respond to the client's needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Takes thoroughly detailed job descriptions from clients, refers candidate to client and follows up with both on a regular basis
- Educates clients regarding labor market, trends, wages, benefits, and realistic expectations in today's market
- Educates and convincingly "sells" clients on the services of Nelson Staffing plus company’s lateral staffing divisions
- Reviews employment applications and interviews applicants to evaluate work history, "can-do/will-do" characteristics, skills, competencies, education and training, compensation needs, and other qualifications
- Performs reference and background checks on applicants
- Schedules, conducts, and scores evaluations for applicants
- Prepares candidates to present themselves professionally by assisting them in the development of a marketable resume and in the refinement of their interviewing skills
- Counsels and advises candidates regarding their objectives and career goals
- Sets candidate interview appointments with client and follows up with both parties regarding outcome of the interview
- Negotiates pay rates and fees
- Generates revenue for the company via Direct Hire and Temp to Hire fees
- Consistently develops and grows new and existing client base
- Provides high level of customer service to applicants and clients
- Markets excellent applicants to the branch client base
- Communicates candidate sourcing needs to the Recruiting Manager and Internet Recruiter
- Writes and places cutting-edge advertisements to attract top-quality applicants in conjunction with the corporate Marketing Department
- Tracks placements, fall-offs applicants and clients in applicable database. Reviews Accounts Receivable aging files and coordinates collection efforts with Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Works independently and in a team environment
- Obtains candidate and client referrals
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) in related field, one to two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Utilize fine motor coordination, clear speech, and good visual acuity
- Works in an office environment where temperatures are comfortable and noise level is low to moderate
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.