Nelson Technology is seeking a highly skilled Sr Cognos BI Developer/Analyst.
Terms: 3 months contract to hire
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or Atlanta, GA or Boise, ID
*No corp-to-corp, third party agencies*
Reporting to the Manager of BI and Data systems, this role will have responsibility for analyzing, designing and implementing data insight and business intelligence capabilities. This position will work with business counterparts to assess requirements, analyze the multiple solution options and implement them in an Agile fashion while adhering to the target state architecture and roadmap. This role will be a key member of the BI Center of Excellence and will strive to establish an analytics driven culture.
· Assist the Team Manager in establishing the BI CoE and Agile development methodologies. Facilitate vendor/software selection process with a standardized methodology to meet the key business requirements
· Lead each Agile data & analytics system implementation, working closely with business counterparts
· Own the design, development and implementation of the new Data and analytics capabilities
· Create business requirements documents in collaboration with the business teams.
· Collaborate with the Architect and the technical team in the Service Design for each new analytics capability ensuring the architecture aligns with Information Services strategic goals and target state architecture
· Lead UAT testing and adoption of the capabilities by business partners, provide training as necessary
· Create new reports/dashboards as needed.
· Provide training to the users and act as the primary liaison with the technical team.
· Facilitate the Service Transition of new analytics capability and system into the standard Service Delivery process
· Develop relationships with business partners built on trust and transparency
· BS/BA in computer technology or related field preferred
· Minimum ten years experience in Data and Business Intelligence domain and implementations
· Demonstrated track record in implementing a variety of Data and Business Intelligence in large organizations
· Excellent business analysis & data analysis skills.
· Experience with IBM Cognos, Informatica and Tableau.
· Good understanding of data management principles and DW philosophies like the Kimball/Inmon methodologies.
· Good understanding and experience working with SAP as a data source.
· Experience in IT Service Design/Management and ITIL Framework is a plus
· Excellent communication and cross-BU, team influencing skills.
· Proven ability to succeed in a high paced and rapidly changing environment.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.