Nelson Technology is seeking a talented Web Developer/Frontend Engineer for an amazing opportunity with an online search giant in Santa Monica, CA.
- Build next generation applications for desktop and mobile browsers with an emphasis on emotional experiences and constant attention to scalability, performance, accessibility and cross-browser performance.
- Partner with Product and Design to redesign and implement user interfaces
- Envision and document designs for modules or components of overall solutions
- Produce detailed engineering scope and specification documents
- Map product requirements to engineering tasks, perform due diligence to identify dependencies
- Mentor junior engineers
- Participate in the engineering community, discuss and provide input on best practices
- Lead the way in quality, reliability and quantity of work output
- Clearly understand, implement and evangelize best practices such as TDD, CI etc...
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (e.g. 2 + years work experience or IED/HID degree)
- 3+ years experience in Front End engineering (or M.S. CS and 2+ years)
- Server side technologies including PHP, Java, REST
- Proficiency in XML, JSON
- Customer-focused, react well to changes, work with teams and being able to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Self-starter, team player
- Experience with Maven, ANT, CVS, SVN, GIT, Hudson, jUnit, phpUnit
- Experience with node.js, YUI 3
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.