The Product Ops Administrator serves as the link between Hotel Suppliers and this travel company’s information management systems.
The Product Ops Administrator serves as the link between Hotel Suppliers and this travel company’s information management systems. This position requires the ability to read, comprehend and enter detailed contract information into this company’s database, to make hotel inventory (guestrooms) available for sale through reservations. Once the information is entered, the Product Ops Administrator must also answer questions about these contracts and information loads for reservations as they sell vacations to Travel agents.
Skills required for this position include basic math skills (High School or equivalent), typing (40 WPM +), high attention to detail, basic computer skills (Windows, Outlook, Excel, and data entry), and good verbal and written communications skills. In addition, the product administrator needs to be able to multi-task, learn the specifics of his/her destination, problem solve, and meet deadlines. Specific competency requirements are outlined below.
• Interpreting contracts and entering data into this company’s Hotel & Ground Database (PC Res) with the following information:
• General information
• Date related information
• Room data
• Rate codes
• Attachments – ground terms
• Itinerary descriptions
• Rate specials (“addendum”)
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook to be able compose letters and emails, calculate buy/sell margins, and understand how data entry affects company profits.
• Manage the processing of reservation confirmations and change advisings to & from hotel vendors. This includes inputting confirmation numbers, identifying problems such as incorrect information, and researching and providing solutions to such problems.
• Resolve operational issues (reservation requests, system errors, advising, etc.)
• Maintain inventory blocks and additional block requests for sale to this company’s Customers. This includes inputting additional room blocks and closing/opening inventory as needed
• Run product usage reports and verify the quality of data entry (QA)
• Resolve operational issues
• Troubleshoot and problem solve within and outside the department
• Writing skills – Must be able to compose cohesive fax cover letters, product updates, business letters and itinerary descriptions
• Verbal Skills- Must be able to answer calls from reservations and vendors
• Identify callers needs
• Research problem and source solution
• Provide quick, courteous and logical response
• Keep others informed on the status of progress toward a solution
• Elevate critical issues as needed
• Communicate with co-workers to answer questions, share best practices, helping to solve problems and assisting with work
• Interface with Vendor Payables Dept. regarding reconciliation issues
• Strive for 100% accuracy of data load and related duties in a timely fashion.
• Recognize and identify system discrepancies and offer possible solutions
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and team commitment to achieve department goals
• Demonstrate positive attitude and nurture relationships with co-workers, management, members of other departments and external vendors
• Focus on contributing to the achievement of business objectives and goals within deadlines
• Manage projects as assigned by Product Managers and Directors.
• Identify, improve and design processes to streamline efficiencies in daily workload, inter-departmental operations, and internal/external communications as related to Product Development department functions.
• Assume additional responsibilities as defined by manager
• There may also be the possibility of one more part time assignment with the same job description.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.