Nelson Technology is partnering with an outstanding company in San Francisco. We are seeking an individual with passion for software build automation. We are looking for a build engineer who is a developer at heart, someone who enjoys solving complex build problems and work towards making them run faster and more efficient. This role is the heart of our clients’ agile methodology process, it enables engineering groups have a faster and smaller feedback loop to the entire organization so they can turn around and deploy new and exciting features faster into production.
• Implementation of build process and improvements.
• Automation of scripts.
• Daily maintenance of source repositories.
• Distributed deployment and install of releases to single/multiple-host environment.
• Collaborate with other teams to support builds.
• Monitor progress and adjust resources and priorities accordingly.
• Proficiency in Linux and Windows OS
• Proficiency in Scripting using Bourne, Korn shell or C shell
• Proficiency in Apache Ant Scripting / Maven
• Subversion and CVS Source Control - Branching / Merging / Tagging.
• Good understanding of RDBMS with preferably DB2
• Automated Build implementation using Hudson / Cruise Control.
• Knowledge of Job management and scripting
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficient with Virtualization technologies such as VMware
• Knowledge of Bamboo, Fisheye, or Git, is a plus
• Knowledge of Perl
• Knowledge of Object Oriented, multi-threaded programming
• Knowledge of JIRA/Core Java/XML Schemas
6 - 8 years in overall software engineering design and development experience
Minimum of 2 years as a build/release engineer Minimum Educational Level: B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Founded in 1970 with locations throughout California and into Texas, Nelson ranks among the largest independent staffing companies in the United States. Regularly recognized as one of the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For,” in 2012, Nelson was also honored as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal. Comprised of three major business units focused on specific industries, Nelson has the capacity to place job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions. Nelson & Associates is the finance and accounting arm of the organization, situating professionals in jobs in the financial arena, while Nelson Technology is plugged into the tech community, filling openings rapidly from their vast social network. Nelson Staffing offers the broad spectrum of career areas, including winery operations, technology, game software testing, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, production, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development and sales. To learn more about the company, visit http://www.nelsonhr.com.