Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Sr. SQL Developer for a direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA.
This position will be responsible for building, tuning, administering and supporting production database applications for the IT Enterprise Applications Group. Advanced skills in SQL Server environment required, including creation/maintenance of database tables, views, stored procedures, functions, packages and other database objects. A solid understanding of web development, object oriented programming, MVC framework, and the software development process are also helpful. Additionally, experience with SSRS, Flex, PHP, Cold Fusion, .NET and ASP is also helpful.
· Responsible for Front-End and Back-End development and maintenance for client server, mobile and web based applications utilizing SQL Server.
· Assist with the development/ maintenance/ QA/ support of custom web apps and content using SQL, ASP, .Net, PHP, CFML, ASP, Flex, and CSS/HTML
· Assist in the deployment, support, normalization and opimization of SQL Server databases.
· Create scalable dynamic reports using SSRS, Crystal Reports, and dashboarding tools.
· Proven experience with technical requirements analysis, business process modeling.
· Oversee test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
· Support ad- hoc report and data analysis requests.
· Provide written and verbal status reports to IT management and be able to effectively set expectations with users.
· Be able to multitask several competing requests by gathering or estimating task priorities.
· Stay abreast of related technology and recommend future system enhancements, software purchases or system upgrades.
· Ensure a high quality standard following common SDLC methodology.
· Degree in the field of computer science or information management systems, or 5 years related work experience.
· Extensive experience with web services, databases and SQL, including stored procedures, views, triggers, reporting and data modeling.
· Previously worked on enterprise projects involving complex workflows
· Ability to read, write, debug, optimize SQL.Proven experience with technical requirements analysis, business process modeling.
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Experience working with corporate/enterprise applications is a plus, especially Accounting/Budgeting/HR/Marketing
· Experience in the development and maintenance of a data warehouse.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.