My client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in an Agile dynamic development environment that requires collaboration, great communication skills and flexibility. The work environment is absolutely one of the best in the Bay Area: Ideas are shared, vetted, developed, and tested in an environment that is challenging and interesting. Our system is designed to be scalable, flexible, secure and fault tolerant. This role’s challenges are complex and require highly skilled, talented engineers. My client is a startup, but fairly well established, and offers a great work life balance including 7-8 hour work days… so you can be home a t a reasonable hour to enjoy the rest of your day!
If you are looking for an established startup company where you can still make a huge impact and enjoy family friendly hours, then this could be a great opportunity for you!
· 5+ years of previous experience in Java software engineering with advanced knowledge of Java, SQL, and object-oriented programming techniques
· Strong knowledge or passion for test driven development and running through detailed test cases and writing integration and unit tests
· Well-rounded engineer with experience in distributed systems (multiple, independent servers or services working together to attain a goal), data modeling, and design patterns
· A record of active involvement in a number of full product lifecycles (experience with Agile development techniques is a big plus) and coding every day
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
· Spring, iBatis, AJAX, MySQL, Freemarker, Message Queues, Batch Systems
· Knowledge of financial systems
· NoSQL, big data experience is nice to have but not required.
· Build underlying services and systems to support hosted financial business applications by working with technologies that include Linux, Java, relational databases
· Write automated tests to ensure proper functionality of implementation and allow for confident refactoring
· Design and implement using a reusable component architecture
· Participate in the user story planning process with product and QA to ensure comprehensive solutions to customer needs.
· Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and assisting in the hiring process
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.