Nelson Technology is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA.
Our Client is building a next generation cloud platform to host workflows.
By defining the discrete sequences of operations that make up their workflows, and running those workflows on the platform, our customers eliminate scaling concerns and reduce time to deploy new functions. This allows them to focus their energy on the features that are core to their business. They are a well--funded company, currently in stealth mode that values and encourages thoughtful work in a collaborative team environment. Their focus is on creating a performant culture to deliver a successful product to the marketplace in an environment that’s second to none. Their headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco. They has an opening on their DevOps team for a Senior Engineer. You should be passionate about your craft, take pride in fully understanding problems while designing the appropriate solutions, and be fervent about keeping the platform operational. You will need to solve classic distributed systems problems such as data replication, consistency and fault tolerance -- both within a data center and across data centers.
• Design and implement solutions for scalable, available, low latency high performance distributed systems
• Rapidly iterate on product and platform features
• Design, develop, deploy, monitor and support your code /systems
• Rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems problems
• Pro--actively look for ways to make our platform better
• Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
• Interact with and support our Customers Requirements
• 7+ years experience with distributed systems and SOA
• Strong programming abilities in the following languages:
Python, C, Node, Ruby
• Experience with fault--tolerant distributed systems
• Experience with Linux, Ubuntu, Bash
• Experience managing cloud infrastructures
• Enthusiasm for new technology and comfortable with change
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Systems automation & operation
• Experience with NoSQL database technologies
• Strong knowledge in work and message queues
• Strong knowledge in cluster management and orchestration
• Experience with networking, sockets, REST
• Experience working in an agile environment, small batch, continuous deployment
• Desire to work iteratively and independently
• A history of open source contributions
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.