Job Title: Architect, Software Engineering – Service Management
Work Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $70-$90/hr on W2 Contract (can be flexible for the right candidate)
Employment Terms: W2 Contract until 4/30/14 possible conversion to full time employee
This company is looking for an Infrastructure Service Management Automation Software Architect to build innovative solutions to streamline and automate our business processes to enhance our operational efficiency. In this role, helped by a team of Senior developers and product managers, the candidate will define the vision for all salesforce production infrastructure support services and drive the implementation.
As a technical expert in automation, the candidate will own the overall Service Management platform. The candidate’s work will be focused on developing an innovative, cloud based, self-healing service management suite focused on providing efficiency to a large service cloud provider.
His/Her work will address all aspect of operation processes:
• Incident management
• Change management
• Equipment acquisition lifecycle (RMA, ordering, decom, etc…)
• Security and compliance
• Infrastructure management lifecycle (Automated provisioning, management, etc…)
His/Her day to day activities will be focused around:
• Technology Research
• Architecture definition
• System integration definition
• Architecture review, discussion and ratification
• Software Development
The candidate will be expected to use all available technology to achieve the goals, from cloud services, to distributed computing platforms and mobile.
· An exceptional team player that values his team success first
· 10-15 years of experience in the on-line services industry
· The candidate needs to be extremely knowledgeable and passionate about ITSM
· BS / BA degree, or equivalent employment experience
· Experience in developing solutions based on Salesforce.com platform using APEX, Heroku, EC2, etc…
· Working knowledge of the full SDLC (Systems Development Lifestyle)
· An acute sense of quality and proper software development
· Candidate MUST have extensive experience working within structured change management processes for highly available enterprise database systems
· Broad development skillset including Perl, Java, and similar languages
· Strong background in mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
· Experience with highly available clustered systems and geographically distributed systems.
· 50% of responsibilty will be Architecture, 50% of responsibilty will be hands on coding
· Experience working for a web-hosting and/or on-line services
· Experience working for or with operational groups
· Have worked for an ITSM market leader in a technology lead position
· Agile Development Best Practices
· SOA Framework Best Practices
· Prior experience in a Java-driven environment, or in Java programming
· Prior experience in PERL development
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development
· Advanced degree
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.