Nelson Technology is looking for a Database Engineer / Sr. Database Administrator for our retail client in San Bruno, California.
This position oversees the database environment’s performance enterprise wide. He/She is responsible for the development of database engineering space.
He/She maintains a significant understanding of database internals, enterprise data architecture, and data strategy
Experience to fully succeed in this role:
• 10+ years of industry experience in managing Oracle databases in environments with stringent SLA requirements for performance and scalability.
• 2+ years’ experience in NoSQL technology
• Expert knowledge of Oracle database internals
• Ability to advance recommendations on alternative systems solutions with different cost/benefit equations and tradeoffs
• Responsible for ensuring high-availability and performance of the Oracle 10g and 11g databases
• Disaster recovery experience
• Experience in building automation tools using PL/SQL
• Experience leading technical projects
• Experience in Oracle utilities and tools: ASM, GoldenGate, Databuard, RMAN, RAC, OEM, PL/SQL
• Understanding of WebApps and Middleware,
• Must have experience managing distributed development based builds and releases
• 3 years application tuning experience.
• experience supporting 2 or more database systems
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.