Job Title: SEO/SEM Analyst
Work Location: San Bruno, CA
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $25-35/hr on W2 Contract
Employment Terms: 6 month W2 Contract to hire
As part of the Search Evaluations team, you will represent the user’s perspective as you vet new features being introduced to this company. Your day-to-day will include evaluating search results, brainstorming features and systematic solutions with engineers, fielding feedback from external groups as well as a multitude of other tasks designed to keep the Search Relevance team running smoothly.
This is a contract to hire position with the opportunity to be brought on as a salaried employee.
• Evaluate current search and browse pages and identify opportunities for improvement
• Vet new relevance algorithms and features by rating pages and providing feedback to the engineers for improvement
• Work with engineers to design relevance evaluations and test cases
• Use metrics and query logs to uncover relevance issues and suggest changes to the site
• Generate new feature ideas
• Serve as the liaison between internal technical groups and external business groups
• Troubleshoot issues reported by customers
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Prior experience in the search industry
• Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
• Persistent, results-driven attitude with a knack for problem solving
• Experience working alongside engineers a plus
• Prior experience in eCommerce
• Knowledge of SEO and SEM principles
• Experience working with project management tools such as JIRA
• Advanced knowledge of at least one consumer field (electronics, apparel, etc.)
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.