Nelson Technology is seeking an Agile Architect with eCommerce Application or Mobile Software design experience.
Term: 3 month contract to hire
Location: San Bruno, CA
- Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
- Demonstrates application or system concepts
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for technical architecture of hardware or software systems
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Implements product development strategies using Agile development processes
- Implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture)
- Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical systems-related hardware or software designs
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software.
- Experience and strength with agile software development methodologies.
- The ability to communicate with groups in a compelling way about system level design in addition to being able to delve into information at the code level .
- Fluency in software design patterns (e.g. GoF), RAS (Redundancy, Availability, Scalability), CAP, horizontal scalability.
- A focus on product quality, latency, service interface design and considerations, design principles (e.g. KISS, DRY) and praxis. \
- Competency in system level specification for solid separation requiring clear isolation from application logic.
- Support troubleshooting through solid deductive reasoning.
- Demonstrate an ability to break a large problem into manageable and delegable units for engineers to work on.
- Demonstrate a clear, concise and solid communication style that has a bias towards action and functions well a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 2 years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services, or related skill.
• 2 years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• 1 year experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill.
• 2 years experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
• 6 years experience developing using PL/SQL
• 6 years experience developing using Java technologies on a large Ecommerce website
• 2 years experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications and workflow
• 2 years experience developing with a multi-tenant or “Software-as-a-Service” (SaaS) ecommerce application
• 2 years experience developing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and EAI technologies such as Tibco
• 6 years experience building Web Content Management systems (WCM)
• 2 years experience implementing internationalization and localization software applications
• 2 years experience in Source Control systems such as CVS or Subversion
• 2 years experience in Agile methodology
• 2 years experience building scalable service infrastructure using node.js
• 2 years experience with modern development tools such as XCode, Eclipse, or Textmate
• 6 years experience developing Business Intelligence and Reporting application using Oracle BI, Business Objects or Informatica.
• 6 years experience developing Customer Analytics application using Unica, Aprimo or Hadoop
• 6 years experience developing Data warehousing system using Greenplum, Netezza, or Teradata
• 2 years experience working with high transaction systems.
• 2 years experience collaborating with engineering to define shared vision for group software development
• 3 years experience implementing defined architecture
• 3 years experience defining best practices and patterns for software development
• 2 years experience participating with open source projects
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.