Senior Web Developer
The ideal candidate is a versatile Senior Web Developer who can consult with product, marketing, and engineering teams to design solutions and translate them into standards compliant, semantic cross-browser compatible web applications. The candidate has an eye for detail that allows them to own the final quality assurance of their solutions. The applicant must demonstrate a strong interest in application development, the development process, and a curiosity for new web technologies and techniques.
· Work closely with the engineering team to integrate the web front end with the REST/ JSON based APIs.
· Implement new features, optimize existing ones, and rapidly fix bugs from controller-level to UI.
· Build, as required, rapid prototypes to demonstrate concepts during initial phases.
· Work closely with product teams, subject matter experts, and visual designers to define detailed requirements.
· Help identify best practices for front-end engineering.
· Own the front-end portions of projects from start to finish, delivering tested production-ready applications.
· jQuery / jQuery UI
· Client-side MVC Frameworks and templating engines: (Backbone, Angular, Handlebars, Mustache)
· Data Visualization libraries: (Highcharts, D3)
· Experience using Web-services/RESTful APIs to build functioning UIs.
· Expert-level proficiency in XHTML, HTML5 and CSS2/3. Must be able to hand-code standards compliant XHTML and CSS. Demonstrable knowledge of Semantic HTML markup.
· Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup and layout (HTML, CSS).
· Solid understanding and use of the DOM, JSON, and AJAX.
· Understanding of optimization techniques to reduce page size and load times (sprites, minification, lazy loading, YSLOW standards, etc.)
· Experience with unit testing, functional testing, and automation (like QUnit, JUnit, Jasmine, Grunt).
· Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly Preferred Skills:
· Prior experience in the payments/financial industry.
· UX/UI Design experience.
· Prior experience developing Mobile Apps using HTML5.
· Prior experience migrating JSP back-end applications to Front-end/AJAX applications.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.