Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Sr. Java Developer for a temp to hire position with our client in Palo Alto, CA.
Job Title: Sr. Java Engineer
Work Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $60-$70/hr on W2 Contract
Employment Terms: 3-6 month Contract to Hire
The largest entertainment company in the world is seeking a lead software engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way this company interfaces with its mobile guest. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated experiences that will define the interactions of children and families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of the company and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the company.
· Leading our next generation high-performance and scalable cross-platform architecture across multiple serving systems
· Design and develop scalable Java applications with MongoDB/MySQL backend
· Design and develop high availability solutions for production software
· Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop guest-facing products
· Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis
· Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
· Technical representation of the team to internal and external organizations
· Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective
· Define solutions that can be quickly delivered leveraging internal and external resources, based on new or existing products and APIs
· Understand the Architectural Vision and how it applies to business processes.
· Estimate/measure software performance
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
· 6+ years of full software development lifecycle experience with a minimum 3 years as lead developer
· 4+ years of Web development and internet technology experience
· 4+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience
· Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis including design patterns, hardware and software requirements, systems requirements and deployment protocols
· Extensive experience with Java-based web applications (J2EE, Servlets, etc.)
· Experience with application servers required
· Experience with relational and NoSQL databases is required
· Experience with Web-service development and Restful design patterns
· Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
· Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work in multiple roles
· Experience with UNIX / Linux shell scripting
· Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering best practices
· Experience with performance testing, including planning, execution and reporting
· Web framework equivalent experience building web pages from database, business layer, and UI
· Strong Internet technologies background including XML, JSON, Thrift, etc.
· Experience building applications for the mobile web
· Experience with Apache Tomcat or NGINX strongly desired
· Experience with distributed architectures, database tuning or improving system performance strongly desired
· Experience with automated continuous integration and build systems. Bamboo, Teamcity, Ant, IVY, Gradle, Maven, Hudson, Git, or similar is a plus
· Experience with native application development (iOS and/or Android) is a plus
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.