PeopleSoft Administrator (TECH)-45730
Palo Alto, CA (Show Map)
Nelson Technology is currently seeking a PeopleSoft Administrator for our client located in Palo Alto,CA. This is a contract opportunity.
Compensation: $60-$66 per hour
Client: Stanford Linear Accelerator
Location : Palo Alto, CA
Duration : 1 yr contract on W2
Title: PeopleSoft Administrator
We’re seeking a PeopleSoft System Administrator. The successful candidate will provide System Administrator support for the PeopleSoft Business Information System running in an Oracle RDBMS UNIX/Linux, Windows and Citrix MetaFrame environment with specific emphasis on the PeopleSoft server infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: migration of development projects into production environments, refreshing non-production environments, performance tuning, troubleshooting, on-going maintenance, resolving system issues, maintaining PeopleSoft Operator Security and applying PeopleSoft patches, Tax updates and upgrades. He/she will also coordinate and install product fixes to current releases of PeopleSoft, maintain PeopleSoft operator security and access control and provide technical expertise to users and PeopleSoft developers in resolving system problems and in designing computing solutions to SLAC business information needs. This position will require providing written documentation of applied fixes; objects migrated into production, changes made to the PeopleSoft system and problem solutions. He/she will work with DBAs, other technical team members and various SLAC departments to coordinate projects and system usage.
Specific responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Leading and implementing major technical projects like system upgrades of PeopleTools, PS applications (tax updates and bundles).
• Configure and maintain all PeopleSoft production, test and development environments and instances
• Maintain the PIA, Application Server (Tuxedo), Web Server (Web logic), and the Process Schedulers.
• Perform periodic environment refreshes.
• Perform project migration to Production system and maintain migration procedures to ensure change control.
• Performance tuning and proactive monitoring of Web Servers, Application Servers, Process Schedulers.
• Develop and maintain monitoring scripts to monitor systems.
• Ensure Security of the Production system and supporting environments.
• Document and communicate project activities to the manager on a regular basis.
Note: This is an 12-month fixed term position.
B.S. in Computer Science or a related degree or an equivalent combination of coursework, training and experience.
• PeopleTools 8.5x
• Oracle Web Logic (in support of PeopleSoft)
• Oracle Tuxedo (in support of PeopleSoft)
• PeopleSoft Application Designer
• PeopleSoft Change Assistant
• PeopleSoft Integration Broker
• PeopleSoft Security
• Oracle RDBMS and SQL Knowledge
• Windows, Unix/Linux and MetaFrame Server Administration
Knowledge & Skill:
• Knowledge of Oracle 11g Database Administration, Storage Management, Backup & Recovery, Performance Monitoring, Tuning
• Experience working with UNIX /LINUX and Windows Platforms and Meta frame Citrix Administration
Extensive knowledge in PeopleSoft upgrades, Upgrade Assistant, Change Assistant, Data Mover,
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.
PositionID:.Min Years Experience:.Max Years Experience:.