Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Software Development Manager for a direct hire position with our client in Oakland, CA.
Our client is one of the most visited places on the web with over 400 million visitors/month. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to be a leader in their dynamic and challenging Search Engine Marketing technology team. This mission-critical role will provide technical leadership for a critical revenue generating division within the organization. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
Compensation: $130-$150k+ annually
• Passionate about technology
• Have great people skills
• Skillful at developing simple software solutions for complex problems
• Have a proven history of delivering high quality technology products/services in a dynamic environment where priorities shift quickly
• A strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a team to achieve a high level of focus and excellence
• Architect key infrastructure components, and review designs submitted by team members
• Conduct code reviews
• Recruit and mentor new talent
• Model industry best practices by contributing code to various projects
• Design and conduct infrastructure experiments to recommend new directions and new products
• Strong Java programmer
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Very good project management skills
• Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Deep experience with Linux and shell scripting
• 2+ years of experience successfully leading small teams
• Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with Hadoop or other NoSQL products
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.