Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Developer Support Specialist for a contract position with our client in Mountain View, CA.
Job Title: Developer Support Specialist
Work Location: Mountain View CA 94043
Hourly Pay Rate Range: $35-$45/hr on W2 Contract
Employment Terms: Contract until 5/9/14
Position is with Localization Operations team at the most popular search engine in the world. We are looking for a person who can do software development (back-end services and web applications for internal use), help with data mining and reporting efforts, provide technical support for our platform and architecture.
· + Demonstrated knowledge of relational and non-relational database design and usage
· + Experience with cloud-based web applications
· + Familiarity with Agile methodology, Test driven development, and code management frameworks
· + Knowledge of Google App Engine, Django, and Jinja is a plus
· + Provided technical support to a large team and managed small- to mid-size projects
· + Excellent written communication skills
· + BA/BS degree (CS or similar)
· + Develop web applications, scripts, and back-end services for internal stakeholders
· + Provide worldwide technical support to Localization and its business partners
· + Optimize existing processes, identify areas for improvement, measure progress
· + Create and maintain technical documentation for support and tools integration
· + Manage time effectively with minimal supervision to deliver complex projects on-time
Notes from the Manager
Seeking someone good at problem solving and written communications as they'll be moderating emails and investigating. Someone versatile to liaison from users and engineers. Strong interpersonal skills a must.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.