Oracle Database Administrator
3 Month contract
Nelson Technology is recruiting for an Oracle Database Administrator for a contract position in Menlo Park.
· Install, configure and upgrade database software and tools.
· Understands all current features and evaluate new platform features and determine strategy for the application of new features.
· Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures. Create, plan and test scenarios.
· Be part of on call DBA team to support critical databases.
· Implement and maintain database security policies.
· Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
· Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
· Verify/Review project plans and scope of production upgrades, application releases and implementations.
· Create and implement maintenance plans for releases and upgrades.
· Execute physical database changes required by applications.
· Monitoring - performance, process log, troubleshoot database related issues.
· Create and Maintain database automation and support scripts.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Relational Database Administration in a production environment
· Experience in a large-scale production environment running with Unix, Linux Servers.
· Solid Experience with Oracle 11G, OEM12c, Oracle GoldenGate, Backup and Recovery using RMAN and snapshot techno
· Ability to provide reliable technical support on site issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment
· SQL tuning and scripting skills with hands-on experience in large, very busy environments
· Working knowledge of concurrently optimizing the platform for functionality, tuneability, reliability, supportability, availability, scalability and extensibility, normalization and RI (referential integrity)
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Customer focused
· Must be detail oriented and have strong problem finding, resolution, and documentation skills.
· Self-motivated, independent worker with strong teamwork skills
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.