The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
· Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Contribute to and maintain system standards.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with VM Ware Administration, Active Directory, Terminal servers, configuring network routers and remote connectivity.
· Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with Storage Network setup and maintenance
· A minimum of 10 years directly related work experience with Windows Systems.
· Detail-oriented professional with the ability to work in a face paced environment that requires one to be a self-starter, customer focused and willing to explore “best practices’ in the industry.
· VIOP phone system
· Backup and Restore experience
· Firewall experience
· Working knowledge of Exchange 2010 Email systems administration
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task
· Experience providing assistance to end users, optimizing systems operations, ensuring compliance with Licensing agreements, security requirements and system currency
Technical proficiency in the following areas:
· VMware (4.1/5.0)
· Storage Network (EqualLogic, HP)
· Veeam (VM back up software)
· VOIP – Interactive Intelligence (I3)
· Active Directory
· Exchange 2010
· Web Server IIS/CentOs etc..
· Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008, Windows 2003 Server, and Windows 7)
· Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
· Strong understanding of commonly used network protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, etc). Good experiences of Veritas/Symantec NetBackup, Microsoft IIS 7.0, Blackberry Enterprise Server, IP Monitor, WebSense, Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition, Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus
Please Note: we are looking for candidates with 90-95% of the experience listed in the job description. They need to have solid Windows System Management (SCCM), Security, Web Management, light experience with Cisco networking, very strong VMWare experience
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.