Sr. Software Developer position:
Summary of Position:
Provides software development for internal and external facing applications and websites, and ongoing support of those applications and websites. Provides other functions related to the support of other internal software systems used by the operations and business support teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, code, and implement presentation and business-layer infrastructure using technologies and skills including Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, MS Expression Web, DotNetNuke /ASP.Net, C#, Team Foundation Server, SQL Server 2008 Integration Services, SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services, DotNetNuke , VB.Net, T-SQL , OOP/OOD, LLBLGen Pro v2.6, Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, SQL, and other development tools as needed.
· Actively interface and work with internal business clients and other engineers to design software solutions for business problems; develop software programs and reports; perform unit testing; and provide technical product support of the company's internal and public production applications.
· Actively interface and work with internal business clients and other engineers to research and confirm issues within the company's internal and public production applications. Upon confirmation of an issue, work with internal business clients or external vendors to resolve the issue, or develop a fix for the issue if it exists in one of the company's internal and public production applications.
· Perform routine data management on the company’s web applications to keep them current.
· Support the IT team during software and hardware upgrades of internal company systems.
· 5+ years’ experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server.
· Experience with agile development processes.
· Experience with multi-tier application design and development and knowledge of design patterns.
· Experience using and creating web services.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
· Quick learner, eager to learn and work in an agile environment
· A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master’s degree is preferred but not required
· Microsoft certifications MCPD, MCAD, or MCSD are a plus.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.