Nelson is currently looking for an innovative Electromechanical Technician for an underwater lighting and camera company to perform electrical and mechanical assembly associated with lighting components, lighting control units, engineering drawings and schematics. The Electromechanical Technician will have excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to communicate with various departments. This position is located in the Clairemont Mesa area of San Diego, CA.
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
· Assemble Controller Console (system, no testing), Pan and Tilt, Cameras, Controllers and Cables.
· Familiar with client cameras, including ROVers, CE-X, Navigator, Inspector, Mantis HD, PTZ, etc.
· Assist in assembling and building one-off products, specialty products and engineering prototypes.
· Ability to train and relay knowledge to other employees.
· Complete electrical and functional tests on various lighting, lamp assemblies and related products.
· Conduct electrical tests including continuity and meg checks.
· Perform hydrostatic pressure tests.
· Read and comprehend basic wiring diagrams.
· Wire and mold polyurethane connectors and cable assemblies.
· Limited capability in troubleshooting PCB/PWA Boards
· Extensive soldering experience
· Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· 7-8 years of mechanical and electronic assembly
· Thorough understanding of computers and computer communication
· Thorough understanding of electronic concepts, voltage, current, resistance, capacitance and inductance
· Familiar with standard documentation packages including but not limited to (ECR, ECO, NCR, Top Level Blue Prints)
· Advanced measuring equipment knowledge (digital and analog oscilloscope, multimeter, power supply)
· Ability to read assembly prints and write work instructions
· Capable of working from sketches and/or limited instructions
· Familiar with Bills of Material
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.