Nelson Staffing is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist for their client in Clairemont Mesa, CA. This is a temporary opportunity.
Compensation: $22.00 to $24.00 per hour
Nelson is looking for a part time, temporary Human Resources Generalist for a visual imaging company in Clairemont Mesa, CA. The Human Resources Generalist will administer Human Resource policies and procedures within the organization. This includes following established procedures in order to aid in recruiting new employees, assisting department managers with employee evaluations, facilitating training or re-training of employees, administering employee benefit programs and working closely with all management to make sure the company is in compliance with current federal and state employment laws.
· Maintain Human Resource policies, ensuring compliance.
· Ensure timely recruitment of required level and quantity of exempt and non exempt staff, focusing on employee retention.
· Prepare information and input regarding employee compensation. Ensure adherence to company guidelines on salary adjustments and promotions.
· Ensure appropriate communication at all staff levels.
· Support the development of team members and staff.
· Ensure a motivational climate in the organization.
· Work with established benefit brokers to administer all employee benefit programs.
· Provide counsel and assistance to employees at all levels in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures as well as relevant legislation.
· Compose employee offer letters, salary letters and employment contracts, update organizational charts and maintain complete and accurate personnel records.
· Maintain and secure all personnel records.
· Work with interim Safety Coordinator to ensure compliance with established safety program.
· Certification + in Human Resource Management preferred
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the field.
· Must be able to work well under pressure.
· Must be able to work with sensitive information and adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
· Extensive amount of independent thinking is required.
· Able to work under minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational and planning abilities.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.