Nelson Technology is currently seeking a Senior Deployment Engineer for an international clothing company. This is a contract opportunity and is located in Groveport, OH.
Compensation: Up to $48.50/hr on W2 Contract
This international clothing retailer is seeking a Sr. Deployment Engineer to join their Groveport team to help meet project goals within the given deadline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and automation of systems, network, and storage hardware and software
• Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure and code through multiple environments into production
• Be a point of contact for projects to identify, design and deliver project infrastructure needs
• Support deployment and configuration of J2EE and Open Source platforms and applications in multiple environments ranging from development to production.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills. Will be required to thoroughly document design and deployment details for projects.
• Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to drive initiatives and technical project designs
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
• Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
• Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities.
• 5-7+ years of Unix/Linux experience, preferably running public, high traffic or consumer facing websites
• Experience in managing system configuration with tools like Puppet, Chef or Cfengine
• Strong knowledge of J2EE, Tomcat and JBoss
• Demonstrated understanding of building, testing, and deploying applications on
• Java Application servers required.
• Experience with VMware, KVM, XEN
• Experience with Websphere MQ/WBI or other messaging layers a plus
• Experience with AIX VIO LPAR a plus
• Experience with open source monitoring tool chains such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SNMP, collectd,and rrd
• Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
• Experience working in an agile development environment
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.