Assistant Management Analyst – Grant Administration Support
Nelson has an immediate temporary opportunity with a well known client in the San Diego area for an Assistant Management Analyst to provide grant administration support services. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include performing professional, administrative, financial, budgetary, statistical, and other management analyses in support of our client’s grants program.
· Provide assistance with preparation of grant applications and ensuring accuracy and completeness of budgetary information
· Establish systems to monitor the appropriate spending of grant funds
· Track and monitor grant project budgets, spending and payments
· Process and prepare invoices, progress reports and other awards, agreements, or amendments
· Provide technical assistance with contracts, budgetary compliance, processing and reporting of grants
· Assist Grant Administrator with preparation of grant policies and procedures as well as work flow design for the Grants Program and for new grants received, as necessary.
· Develop and maintain accurate records for each grant;
· Process and submitting purchase orders and other action necessary to disburse check payments to sub-grantees.
· Assist Grant Administrator with the development of grant web tool sites for new grants.
· Maintain the financial section of the grant web tool sites. These are internet database websites used to submit project deliverables, invoices and reports. The successful candidate will also help maintain the Grant Database, based on Microsoft Access Program, which is a tool that monitors grant acquisition efforts.
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in business, accounting or public administration
· One year of professional experience with administrative and management analysis or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Knowledge in Excel and experience in accounting or bookkeeping is a must. Experience in PeopleSoft is a plus.
· Familiarity with applicable federal and state grant regulations, policies, and guidelines
Pay Rate: $20-$24
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-529-2525 if you have questions.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.