Nelson Staffing is currently seeking a Part time Product Specialist for their client in Redwood City, CA.
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. To support departmental activities he/she will convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis. The PS should enjoy working collaboratively and professionally in a fast paced office environment.
· This role is part-time (flexible: e.g. Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday but able to attend meetings) on-site in Redwood City, CA to support Associate Director, Product Services & Colon Cancer Assay (including back-up support when Associate Director is travelling or unavailable).
· Provide tactical execution and project management for marketing programs and tools (eg. Meeting minutes, communications/memoranda, and presentations) directed at cross-functional teams.
· Marketing support activities:
o Support two key marketing initiatives: the Oncotype DX Colon Cancer Assay and development of the Order and Sample Management (OSM) system
o Provide valuable input for product requirements that deliver improved customer experience and increased value generation
o Develop/maintain strong service-oriented relationships across matrix teams (commercial sales/marketing; digital marketing; customer service) and external customers, vendors, associations, etc. to ensure that customer needs are met according to goals, timelines and budget (i.e. ensure that product changes and upgrades meet timelines and expectations, new products are launched on time)
o Assist with internal meeting planning, as required
o Attend meetings and create departmental memoranda and presentations – sometimes with only basic outlines to work from in creating new correspondence.
o Assist with creation and compilation of documentation as required
o Develop and proof materials as requested
o Work with staff as necessary to ensure accuracy of corporate brands
o Coordinate activities related to marketing, branding, customer instructions-for-use
o Develop and update marketing-related materials including customer requirements, market research information, and related product literature and promotional materials
o Handle questions and requests related to department programs and functions and develop basic knowledge on clinical data associated with the Oncotype DX Colon assay.
· BA or BS required. Advanced degree strongly preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD) or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing and/or product management functions, with a strong track record and accessible references.
· Excellent teamwork and interaction skills to work within cross functional teams and interface effectively with internal partners including Sales, Breast and Colon Brand Marketing Teams, Marketing Services, Medical Affairs/Communications, Company Executives and outside agencies and vendors.
· Exceptional organizational/project management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliverables at once. Strong initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability.
· Sense of ownership in driving projects to completion.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain open communication with
internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
· Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
· A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
· Computer skills: MS Office at a high level (presentation development skills (ie. PowerPoint), word processing, spreadsheets, databases, familiarity and use of internet/World Wide Web.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.