This is a key position within the Financial Planning and Analysis team that will contribute to the team’s success by owning and executing several deliverables. Business Analyst’s primary responsibilities include Cognos TM1 Planning and Reporting Tool Administrator and support other FP&A business processes and systems.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Cognos TM1 Planning & Reporting Tool Administrator:
· Manage all aspects of Cognos TM1 Application including Architect, Contributor, and Perspectives applications. Functions include configuration, support, maintenance and enhancement Cognos TM1 applications.
· Analyze FP&A business requirements and define tool design and functionality.
· Create Cognos TM1 / Contributor models including cube design, dimensions, subsets, links, Performance Modeler & Rules Editor usage/design, log files, and TI processes.
· Maintain Cognos TM1 and Contributor security, including management of Affymetrix Active Directory & BI security requests.
· Write and execute Cognos TM1 TI Process uploads / data extracts, as needed.
· Document & manage the Cognos TM1 Change Control Process
· Maintain and Deploy Cognos TM1 application between Development & Production environments
· Work with business users & IBM or other support in resolving any Cognos TM1-related issues
· Ownership of Budget / Forecast Cognos models – create TM1 Budget models, write standard and ad hoc reports, work with Analysts to update structure and security
· Development and maintenance of systems documentation and training.
· Support Cognos TM1 Audit requests, as required
· Project Manager for Cognos TM1 10.2 Upgrade Project – understand/analyze business requirements, enhancements, design, issues, UAT, project documentation, and implementation.
· Ownership of Monthly Close and Reporting – ensure daily data quality, write and maintain reports and reconciliations.
· Clear understanding of FP&A business processes and capability to translate to systems solution. Work closely with IT to implement solutions.
· Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis, and support FP&A team, as needed.
· Manage other FP&A tools and systems.
· B.S. in Finance and a minor in IT / MIS related field with 5 years of relevant work experience required (alternatively, Bachelors in Computer Science with a Business related minor). MBA a plus.
· Extensive experience with managing Cognos TM1 Planning and Reporting Tool. Cognos Enterprise Planning (EP) Analyst or TM1 Performance Modeler experience a plus.
· Need understanding of Corporate Finance – analysis, reporting and planning.
· Ability to think “outside the box.”
· Strong analytical systems and financial skills.