The ideal candidate will utilize strong process and analytical skills combined with a deep knowledge of cost accounting and ERP systems to provide proactive support to the manufacturing and engineering groups as well as provide valuable information to management for key decision-making. This is a very challenging and visible role for someone with high initiative who would thrive given the opportunity to drive the Cost Accounting function to a higher level. The candidate will achieve this by developing a partnership with the manufacturing division and providing improved management reporting and analytics. As a Senior Cost Accounting Analyst reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will have
· Prepare analytical reports on revenue and cost for business units, managers, and for the month-end close review. Initiate and drive ongoing improvements to the overall management reporting
system and deliverables.
· Work as a business partner with the supply chain, R&D and operations groups and provide financial support to all manufacturing activities including the budget, forecasting, departmental spending variances processes.
· Participate in various management meetings and play an active role in providing information and insight to support management decision making.
· Provide unsolicited insight to management through independent research and analysis, identifying key trends and benchmarking key metrics and performance measures. Play
leadership role in implementing improvement projects.
· Review setup and usage of ERP system and initiate process improvements to make the cost accounting processes more efficient, effective, and standardized.
· Coordinate the development of standard costs by working closely with Purchasing and
Manufacturing to calculate and set material costs, manufacturing overhead rates, labor time estimates and labor rates.
· Manage the ongoing monitoring and monthly financial closing process of the standard cost and inventory systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred. MBA a plus.
· A solid knowledge and understanding of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment using ERP systems.
· Comprehensive understanding of standard costs, manufacturing variances, and overhead absorption.
· Hands-on detailed experience with inventory and COGS analysis and account reconciliations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with various employees, managers, and groups in the organization.
· Creative thinking and continuous improvement focused.
· Excellent quantitative, reasoning, and analytical skills.
· Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
· Self-starter, proactive, organized and ability to work independently.