We're looking for Senior Software Engineers to lead and manage innovative, highly collaborative software development teams. You'll look after basic line management for your development team of seven, including engineers and QA analysts, and look after the team's code.
· Lead a team to work on the Xero software platform
· Work closely with the product team and designers to ensure usability of the product Influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
· Develop visioning skills and ability to see the big picture Implement and contribute to engineering practices and processes.
· Strong passion for developing new software that's scalable
· 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience in robust server-side development
· Knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC, NHibernate and SQL Server with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code
· Capable of architecting complex software solutions
· Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms is desirable
· Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process
· A solid balance of full stack development experience or other languages will be considered favorably.
· Experience with payroll or financial software would be favorable
· Familiarity with API web service design
· Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
· Ability to lead from the front and deliver strong results
· Top-notch problem solving skills
· Open mind and willingness to learn from peers, and help them grow as engineers
· Knowledge and experience with
· Agile development methodologies
· Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems Bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.