Nelson is looking for a temporary Accounts Payable Coordinator for a client in San Diego. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will process accounts payable documents accurate, consistent and timely manner, compliant with company accounting policies, practices and procedures.
Assignment Length: 6-12 weeks
· Ensure source Accounts Payable documents related to payments are accurate, reasonable and adhere to company accounting policies and procedures by processing and critically reviewing them.
· Ensure other source Accounts Payable documents other assigned Invoices are accurate, reasonable and adhere to company accounting policies and procedures by processing and critically reviewing them.
· Facilitate timely and accurate payments by maintaining regular communication with field personnel, Customer Support Center staff and outside vendors.
· Update the vendor master file by entering new vendor information which includes W-9 and 1099 information.
· Properly match inventory expenses to the period when the inventory occurred by preparing reversing month-end accruals.
· Uphold company accounting policies by communicating policies and procedures to company personnel.
· Respond to inquiries from within the company regarding the monthly Profit & Loss by researching, resolving and adjusting accounting entries
· Two years of college, preferably in accounting or business administration.
· Four to five years Accounts Payable experience required.
· Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience in a highly automated environment using programs developed for Windows.
· Must have advanced knowledge of standard accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
· Experience in the use of written and verbal communication of Accounts Payable activities with various levels of management.
· Experience with MS Excel and Word.
If you are interested or would like more informaiton, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-529-2525. Thank you!
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com, our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.